Sony has released their fiscal year 2018 financial results, with highlights on how well the PlayStation brand is performing. For the fiscal year, which ended on March 31st, 2019, overall sales across all divisions reached $78 billion, with the Gaming and Network Services division responsible for $20.8 billion.
Here’s the highlights for Sony’ fiscal year 2018 financial results:
- PlayStation 4 shipments have topped 96.8 million, 2.6 million during the last quarter
- Increased game software and services revenue offset lower hardware sales
- The next-generation PlayStation will not release in the next 12 months
- There are now 36.4 million PlayStation Plus subscribers
- PlayStation Now has reached 700,000 subscribers
With the recent release of Dreams early access and Days Gone, PlayStation is continuing to put out first-party software. If you’d like to check out Sony’s results for the previous quarter, check here.