There is no denying that when God of War released back on April 20th it shattered expectations. Both a hugely commercial and critical success, God of War set a brand new standard for the franchise. Now after a few teases by Sony Santa Monica’s Cory Barlog, fans of the game will be able to play God of War with a new game+ option. Many people after the release of God of War said they had wished that the game had featured a new game+, Sony Santa Monica heard people’s wishes. New game+ will be available August 20th, which is exactly 4 months after the original release of God of War back on April 20th, 2018. More importantly, it will bring a handful of new features to the game to make this playthrough even more fun!
• Relive the journey of Kratos and Atreus with all of your previous armors, enchantments, talismans, resources, and abilities on the difficulty of your choosing.
• Test your skills against higher level enemies; some of which might even have a few new tricks up their sleeves!
• Unique to New Game+ is a brand new rarity level of equipment to craft and upgrade! Collect ‘Skap Slag’, a new resource to upgrade your gear to the best of the best from our finest blacksmiths.
• Play the game in a whole new way by exploring new customization options with extremely powerful new armor sets and enchantments.
• Finally, get right back into the action with the newly added ability to skip through cinematics in both normal and New Game+ modes once a full playthrough has been completed.
For more details check out the blog post from Sony Santa Monica.
Will you be returning to God of War with the addition of new game plus? Let us know in the comments, and don’t forget to check back for the latest gaming news and information.