A while back, Atlus announced that they would be localizing Etrian Odyssey V: Beyond the Myth. Since then, they have revealed quite a few details about the upcoming release.
As with previous entries in the series, Etrian Odyssey V: Beyond the Myth is a DRPG with a fantasy setting. Once again, players will be able to create their own maps as they navigate the labyrinths of Yggdrasil. The game also has an auto-map feature for those who can not be bothered to do so. Of course, FOEs will also be returning in this entry. While most enemies appear randomly as the player explores the dungeons, these powerful monsters are visible outside of combat and take action whenever the player moves.
The game also allows players to create their own custom party. There are four races available during character creation, all with their own unique set of skills and classes. Each of the ten classes come with four designs and players can make them even more unique by changing their eyes, hair, skin tone, and voices. Even the appearance of their equipment has options for customization. Players can also change their characters’ names as well as the names of their classes and titles.
Atlus announced that those who get the game at release will receive a special launch edition. This package includes:
- The game itself
- An art book with 24 pages
- 6 arranged tracks on one CD
Atlus has also revealed the DLC schedule for the game.
- New Explorers 1 ($1.99): School Boy Uniform
- New Explorers 2 ($1.99): School Girl Uniform
- New Explorers 3 ($1.99): Lady’s Sweater
- New Explorers 4 ($1.99): Etrian Odyssey 1 Protector
- New Explorers 5 ($1.99): Etrian Odyssey 1 Medic
- Wizardly Experience Quest ($1.99): Adds a new, repayable quest and an accessory that grants 3x as much EXP gains
- Wizardly Fortune Quest ($1.99): Adds a new, repayable quest and an accessory that raises the enemy drop rate to 100%
- New Explorers 6 ($1.99): Etrian Odyssey 2 Gunner
- FM Synth Arranged Sounds ($4.99): Adds a music player function. Switch the game’s BGM by accessing the music player in the Options menu
Etrian Odyssey V: Beyond the Myth releases in North America and Europe on October 17, 2017. A free theme is currently available in North America. It will be on Europe’s eShop on the same day as the game.
[amazon_link asins=’B071JQW6KV,B00UH9DN58,B00DZIX39E,B009LEIUY4,B00QLWZWMW’ template=’ProductCarousel’ store=’ticgn0a-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’0842ac21-af49-11e7-b8f5-3d7ba8285f8b’]