At E3 2019, I had a chance to play one of the upcoming games from Rebellion, Zombie Army 4: Dead War.
To change things up, I had my co-editor Nicholas ask some different questions about the game and my experience with it hands-on. As a result, all of my thoughts and impressions from what I played can be found in the video below, which is a capture of my gameplay (thanks to Rebellion). The gameplay was recorded on an Xbox One X.
Check out the Zombie Army 4: Dead War gameplay and thoughts below:
Like the previous titles in this series, Zombie Army 4: Dead War tasks players with carving through hordes of the undead with sniper rifles, explosives and more. You’ve got extensive customization this time around, something the developers at Rebellion have been focusing on.
You’ve also got special abilities, such as performing an execution to regain your health. There are different traps and ammo stations spread throughout levels, encouraging you to be extremely creative with how you dispose of your foes. Be warned however, the more players are in co-op together, the game will scale the number of zombies to match.
Zombie Army 4: Dead War will release on Xbox One, PC and PlayStation 4 sometime in 2020.
If you’d like to read my other E3 2019 coverage, you can check out the links below:
- Doom Eternal Hands-On Preview
- Gears 5 Escape Mode Preview
- Project xCloud Is the Power of the Cloud in the Palm of Your Hand
- Borderlands 3 Promises a World of Color, Guns and Colorful Guns
- Werewolf: The Apocalypse – Earthblood Preview
- The Sinking City Puts Together the Clues of Madness
- Cyberpunk 2077 Shows a Breathtaking Glimpse into a Heart-stopping Future
- The Riftbreaker Preview
- Iron Harvest Shows the Toll of War
- Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout Preview
- Dying Light 2 Preview
- An Interview with Adrian Ciszewski, Creative Director at Techland on Dying Light 2
- Journey to the Savage Planet Preview
- An Interview with Alex Hutchinson, Co-founder of Typhoon Studios
- Wolfenstein: Cyberpilot Allows You to Crush Nazis and Have Fun Doing It
- Iratus: Lord of the Dead Preview