Yesterday, Media Molecule announced that the long-anticipated Creator’s beta for Dreams was finally arriving and would be available today. Since players are bound to have myriad questions, Media Molecule has also put together a Dreams beta FAQ, which you can read in full right here. I’ve rounded up all the highlights and important information below.
Here’s the major information from the Dreams beta FAQ:
- Features in the Beta aren’t 100% complete but they are fairly comprehensive
- Codes are only going out to people signed up to the newsletter before December 7th
- Story mode will not be available
- VR support and local co-op are not available
- Progress will not carry over to the full game
- The beta takes roughly 4GB of hard drive space
- There is an NDA however, you can discuss the beta here
- The beta opens up to everybody on January 4th and will run through January 21st
While there are some restrictions, it’s great that players will finally get to test this game. Dreams will release exclusively on the PlayStation 4 sometime in 2019.