Obsidian Entertainment, an Xbox Game Studio developer, is well known in the video game world. They have made games such as Fallout New Vegas, Pillars of Eternity, and Outer Worlds, to name a few. Since becoming an Xbox Game Studio back in 2018. Obsidian Entertainment has finally received financial backing that this studio deserves. For the first time in their history, Obsidian Entertainment will be launching Obsidian University, which is an official summer internship program.
Obsidian University will include:
- Interns will be getting Mentor’s at the studio who will show the interns the ropes of how games are made at Obsidian Entertainment.
- There will be no coffee runs. Instead the interns will be creating content, interacting with fans, as well as testing and critiquing video games. The interns will be part of the Obsidian culture for the duration of the program.
- Providing a portfolio and work reviews to help the interns future in the industry.
- Participating in organized socials and lunches with different developers at Obsidian Entertainment. As well as meeting a wide variety of personalities, disciplines, and hearing success stories.
- The intern will gain access to Obsidian University classes taught by developers and any guest speakers that are invited during the duration of the internship.
Details to consider:
The deadline to apply is March 25th. The dates of the program starts Jun 15th 2020 through August 28th 2020. These dates may change.
All candidates are eligible to apply. The internship is a paid internship however, Obsidian Entertainment does not provide housing. The location is in Irvine, California for the duration of the internship.
At the time of writing, there are only 9 open internship programs. If selected, the intern must fulfill the entire internship. Obsidian Entertainment will not be accepting anyone joining late, leaving early, or taking large leave during the internship.
In order to apply for the Obsidian University you must apply at https://www.obsidian.net/jobs/internships