The Initiative is Microsoft’s premier new first-party studio headed by Darrell Gallagher. It is no secret that Microsoft wants to make this studio the crown jewel of their first party studios. This has become even more clear thanks to a post from Darrel Gallagher himself on Linkedin that has since been deleted.
Now this list of people may not mean much to a lot of people outside of the industry, but thanks to some work from users on Resetera, we are able to piece together the body of work that these developers have worked on.
- Brian Westergaard worked on God of War (2018) as the lead producer.
- Annie Lohr is the recruiter and worked at Respawn.
- Christian Cantamessa – the writer from Red Dead Redemption is at the company.
- Blake Fischer – Senior Director of Portfolio Planning for MS, but now working with The Initiative.
- Daniel Neuburger & Lindsey McQueeney are from Crystal Dynamics
This is some very serious industry talent Gallagher has managed to recruit. Cantamassa was one of the key writers for Red Dead Redemption and Westergaard played a big role in 2018’s masterpiece God of War. While it may be a while before we see anything from The Initiative, there is no doubt that they will be a studio to watch in the coming years. Especially if they continue to recruit such top-tier talent.
Are you interested in what The Initiative could bring to Xbox? Let us know in the comments and don’t forget to check back for the latest gaming news and information.