Capcom has released their financial report for the third quarter of fiscal year 2019. In addition to great numbers, this report came with the news that Monster Hunter: World has sold over 11 million copies. The last update we got from Capcom indicated that Monster Hunter: World had shipped over 10 million copies back in August 2018.
Here’s some major highlights:
- Operating income is up 92% year-over-year
- Sales have been up 28% over the last 9 months
- Monster Hunter: World has crossed 11 million units sold
- Capcom considers Monster Hunter: World‘s performance a “phenomenal success”
- Sales of Mega Man 11 are “off to a good start.”
With Resident Evil 2 shipping 3 million copies in its first week, it’s off to a great start. Between that and Devil May Cry 5 releasing in March, Capcom should have a very strong final quarter for fiscal year 2019.
Monster Hunter: World has more free and paid DLC coming: first, a crossover with The Witcher is bringing Geralt of Rivia into Monster Hunter: World sometime in Spring 2019. Then, the Monster Hunter: World Iceborne expansion will be released sometime in Autumn 2019. All this additional DLC should provide a reason for the playerbase to stay with the game.