WARNING: This article contains spoilers related to Assassin’s Creed Valhalla and Watch Dogs Legion
It’s been a rough week in the lead-up to Ubisoft Forward. Big leaks ahead of the Ubisoft Forward have, to varying degrees, spoiled two of the biggest games slated for the show. With full gameplay videos of Assassin’s Creed: Valhalla making their way onto the web for the world to watch. Everything from skill screens to boss battles leaked, leaving little to the imagination. Here’s a list of everything that was show per IGN:
- Valhalla includes a side quest system called ‘Mysteries’ for each section of the map. Aside from mysteries, there will also be ‘Wealth’ and ‘Secrets’ to find in each section of the map.
- Boss battles appear to have phases, with mini combat cutscenes to complement the flow of battle.
- Eivor has three bars in the bottom left corner of the screen which pertain to their adrenaline, health and stamina, adrenaline is the resource burned to use abilities in battle.
- Eivor can eat mushrooms mid-battle to increase the ability gauge.
- The inventory screen in Valhalla looks almost identical to that of Odyssey, and Eivor will carry around a rations bag, presumably to refill health on the go.
- The skills screen shows how you will increase Eivor’s stats and unlock new abilities, with three styles, Raven, Bear and Wolf on offer – similar to Odyssey’s Hunter, Warrior and Assassin build system.
- There’s also a separate ‘abilities’ screen, where it’s revealed that Eivor will unlock new skills using Books of Knowledge found in play at heavily guarded monasteries and military camps while searching for territorial wealth.
- Up to 8 abilities can be assigned at once.
To accompany it’s historical counterpart Watch Dogs: Legion leaks followed later in the week. This leak was admittedly far more tame including just a handful of screenshots. Still, it’s a look into the rouge-like nature of Legion which allows players to recruit hundreds of different playable characters.
Ubisoft Forward is set to go live on July 12th at 12 PM PT / 3 PM ET. With previously announced titles such as Beyond Good & Evil 2, Rainbow Six Quarantine, and Gods & Monsters unconfirmed for the show, it’s up in the air what will be shown outside of Valhalla and Legion. Hopefully these leaks ahead of the event didn’t give away the bulk of the showing.
For all the announcements and updates that come out of Ubisoft Forward check into TiCGamesNet.