Today at GDC (Games Developer Conference) Nintendo announced their top 10 best selling Nindie games for the Nintendo Switch. Let’s take a look!
- Stardew Valley – The farming, adventure game that has something for everyone! Want to plant and water crops? No problem! Love animals? Raise some chickens! Eager to kill some monsters? Yeah, you can do that too. It’s no surprise that this has taken the top spot.
- Hollow Knight – The Dark Souls game for us folks too scared to play Dark Souls. It’s still incredibly difficult but the creepy but cute art-style lures us into a false sense of security. Stunning graphics and a beautiful soundtrack, this game deserves to be in the top 3.
- Overcooked 2 – An absolutely insane co-op cooking game that will have you in fits of rage and laughter all at the same time.
- Undertale – An RPG game in which you don’t have to kill a single person; peg a doggo, complement a flower or just kill everyone with a completely unique combat system.
- Dead Cells – A roguevania, 2D Souls-lite action game that is incredibly difficult but also features a beautiful art-style so that makes it okay, right?
- Enter The Gungeon – Said to be like Zelda with a lot of guns, this gunfighting dungeon crawler is full of mayhem, enemies and you guessed it, bullets.
- Graceful Explosion Machine – Blow things up… elegantly. Take on waves of enemies on distant planets with an arsenal of overpowered weapons to choose from.
- Celeste – A platformer that really tugs on those heart strings. A story about climbing a mountain and overcoming many fears and realities as you do.
- Golf Story – A golf RPG. Yes, you read correctly. Play golf whilst following an in-depth story and leveling up. What more could you want?
- Overcooked – The original co-op cooking game. Sugar, spice and a lot of angry friends.
There you have it! The Nintendo Switch’s top 10 Indie games! What do you think? How many of these do you own? How many do you want to own? I own 6 out of 10 on this list, I’ll let you guess which ones.