It has been a long road for Fallout 76, in terms of both the games performance and meeting fan expectations. However, last month Bethesda cemented the fact that they would continue to support Fallout 76 going forward. The first of three major expansions Wild Appalachia is now available to download on PS4, Xbox One, and PC. This is a free update for owners of Fallout 76, with two more major updates planned for this Summer and Fall. With the release of this update, we got a brand new trailer, as well as in-depth patch notes covering all the new content that will be added. With performance fixes, balance changes for weapons and much more, you can check out the full patch notes here.
Fallout 76 – Wild Appalachia Trailer
Wild Appalachia includes:
• New Quests: Sheer Terror! – Uncover the ‘encryptid’ secrets of Appalachia in a new series of quests and encounters to separate monsters from myths.
• New Quests: Ever Upwards – Journey to the deepest reaches of the woods with new stories for the legendary Pioneer Scouts. Earn merit badges, climb the ranks, and earn a customizable backpack for increased utility.
• New Features: Legendary Vendor and Scrapping – Locate the mysterious Purveyor to exchange and scrap your unwanted legendary items for new legendary gear. For every star rating on a legendary item you scrap, increase your chances to get the legendary weapon or armor of your dreams.
• New Features: C.A.M.P. Decorating, Player Vending, Functional Camera – Use items from your stash to decorate your C.A.M.P. Build vending machines and flag items for sale. Simply set your prices and walk away to continue your adventures in Appalachia, being sure to capture all your favorite memories using the new functional camera. The vending machines do all the work, you just need to count the caps.
• New Features: Brewing and Distilling – Go on a new quest to discover the secrets of the forbidden brew Nukashine and bring the party back to your C.A.M.P with new brewing and distilling systems and recipes.
• New Seasonal Event: Fasnacht Parade – Chase away Old Man Winter and quicken the coming of spring with the ancient festival of Fasnacht! Join the celebration and complete this new limited-time event to earn unique rewards in the form of festive Fasnacht Masks.
• New Game Mode: Survival – This all-new game mode brings a higher-stakes PvP experience with fewer restrictions, increased rewards, and new challenges plus all the original content of Adventure Mode.
Will you be jumping back into Fallout 76 with this massive update? Let us know in the comments and don’t forget to check back for the latest gaming news and information.