Fallout 76, there is no doubt that no game in recent memory received that has received as much disdain from gaming culture as a whole. From Bethesda’s infamous mistakes in communication and blunders in regards to the collector’s edition of Fallout 76 all the way to broken servers and a massive amount of bugs and glitch galore. It is safe to say, the game has taken a massive amount of deserved criticism. However, it appears that Bethesda is nowhere near ready to give up on Fallout 76. In celebration of 100 days since the launch of Fallout 76, Bethesda revealed a roadmap of content for the game for the remainder of 2019. To say the scope of the content is impressive is an absolute understatement. In a blog post, Bethesda outlined 3 major expansions that will be coming to Fallout 76 throughout 2019. These 3 expansions are Wild Appalachia, Nuclear Winter, and Wastelanders. Bethesda goes into detail within the post about what sort of content players will have access to in these expansions.
RELEASE: SPRING 2019
A mythical beast, a lost generation of scouts, and the strongest brew this side of the wasteland. Welcome to Wild Appalachia – a series of new quests, features, events, crafting systems and more starting on March 12 and appearing over several weeks. Wild Appalachia includes:
- New Quests: Shear Terror! – Uncover the ‘encryptid’ secrets of Appalachia in a new series of quests and encounters to separate monsters from myths.
- New Quests: Ever Upwards – Journey to the deepest reaches of the woods with new stories for the legendary Pioneer Scouts. Earn merit badges, climb the ranks, and earn a customizable backpack for increased utility.
- New Features: Legendary Vendor and Scrapping – Locate the mysterious Purveyor to exchange and scrap your unwanted legendary items for new legendary gear. For every star rating on a legendary item you scrap, increase your chances to get the legendary weapon or armor of your dreams.
- New Features: C.A.M.P. Decorating, Player Vending, Functional Camera – Use items from your stash to decorate your C.A.M.P. Build vending machines and flag items for sale. Simply set your prices and walk away to continue your adventures in Appalachia, being sure to capture all your favorite memories using the new functional camera. The vending machines do all the work, you just need to count the caps.
- New Features: Brewing and Distilling – Go on a new quest to discover the secrets of the forbidden brew Nukashine and bring the party back to your C.A.M.P with new brewing and distilling systems and recipes.
- New Seasonal Event: Fasnacht Parade – Chase away Old Man Winter and quicken the coming of spring with the ancient festival of Fasnacht! Join the celebration and complete this new limited-time event to earn unique rewards in the form of festive Fasnacht Masks.
- New Game Mode: Survival – This all-new game mode brings a higher-stakes PvP experience with fewer restrictions, increased rewards, and new challenges plus all the original content of Adventure Mode.
RELEASE: SUMMER 2019
Summer will bring another series of major updates to Fallout 76, including Nuclear Winter – an entirely new way to play that changes the rules of the wasteland.
- New Game Mode: Nuclear Winter – An entirely new way to play Fallout 76, completely changing the rules of the Wasteland.
- New Vault Raids: Vaults 96 and 94 Opening – For our most seasoned players, test your strength in all new high-level group Vault Raids.
- New Feature: Legendary Players – An all-new prestige system will allow players above level 50 to become Legendary, resetting their characters with all new more powerful abilities.
RELEASE: FALL 2019
Embark on a tale with true choice and consequences in Wastelanders – our biggest and most ambitious update for 76. Wastelanders will include a new main questline, new factions, new events, new features, and even more surprises.
A key thing to keep in mind with these massive content drops as well is that they are absolutely free if you own the base game. With a big focus on fixing bugs and a long roadmap of great looking content, it certainly looks like Fallout 76 could have a very bright future ahead.
Will you be returning to the Wasteland when these expansions launch? Let us know in the comments and don’t forget to check back for the latest gaming news and information.