The Season of the Forge is coming to an end. The Black Forge in Destiny 2 was filled with many sleepless nights as players attempted to open four forges. Now that the season is coming to a close, the next season is on the horizon. The next season will begin March 5th with some big changes to the mode Gambit.
Senior Designer Robbie Stevens gave the fans an update on some of the changes that will be happening with the next season with certain weapons and Gambit. The third round of Gambit will be a Primeval rush sudden death, the thought behind this is making matches faster. Players who sit too long in Gambit will no longer receive Infamy points or end-of-match items. Here is the rest of the changes coming in March.
- Overhauled how we choose the invader spawn location and increased the number of invader spawn points for each map. This should greatly reduce the chances of spawning very near or in direct line of sight of an enemy Guardian.
- The Triumph “Light vs. Light” can now be progressed by killing any Guardian using a Super, not just invaders. This makes attaining the Dredgen title a less daunting task.
- Adjustments to Blocker types by deposit tier:
- Small Blocker = Taken Goblin with less health than the previous Phalanx.
- Medium Blocker = Taken Captain with more health than the previous Knight.
- Large Blocker = Taken Knight with more health than the previous Ogre.
I’m excited to see how fast the matches become with this new third round. These changes are a good indicator that Bungie is listening to the players on what’s working and what’s not working. Hopefully these new changes will make Gambit better. Players looking to get a boost in their infamy will have that chance. Starting February 26th though March 5th players will get triple infamy points.
On Tuesday February 26th players can watch and interactive with some of the Bungie devs as they jump into the Scourge of the Past raid. This event is on Twitch and starts at 10am PST and ends at 12pm PST. So enjoy the last week of the Season of the Forge and get ready for new events coming in March.